Cedars is a small satellite provision based outside the main Pendlebury Centre provision. The provision will support up to a maximum of 6 students aged 13 – 16 years who have assessed Tier 3 mental ill health needs, who meet the multi-agency high tariff criteria i.e.
- Serious mental health problems
- Looked After Children with specialist core placements.
Where students are already on the roll of a Stockport mainstream school they will remain dual registered. Where no school is identified, this process will be implemented.
Cedars will not accept referrals from mainstream school. Referrals are accepted from:
- Education Officers with LA Psychology Service Consultation
- HYMS Consultants with LA Psychology Consultation
- Social Worker via Education Officer (Pupils) with Community Psychologist Consultation
All referrals will be processed via the Social Inclusion Panel (SIP). Admission meetings for LAC will include VST/SW as well as the parent/carer.
As with all students accessing their education through the Pendlebury Centre, we will establish and implement the agreed protocols with VST to ensure the educational outcomes for this group of young people are successful.
The placement within the centre is not long term with a maximum length of 12 months.
Provision and facilities
A range of support will be provided for both the student and parent/carers which could include:
- Individual counselling
- Support parents/ carers of LAC and additional support for all students which could include the Educational Psychologist and Family Resource Worker.
- Programme of individualised intervention work by an Educational Psychologist.
- Educational provision which has a high therapeutic input from a range of agencies
- Support from HYMS
Teaching Groups and Times
Whilst all students educated outside school are entitled to 25 hours each week, this must be developed in relation to their mental health needs. Therefore all students will be provided with a core minimum of 16.5 hours of education with additional educational opportunities as outlined below which will extend their educational time. The current hours for Cedars students are as follows:
Monday 9.30 to 1.00
Tuesday 9.30 to 1.00
Wednesday 9.30 to 1.00
Thursday 9.30 to 1.00
Friday 9.30 to 1.00
Review and Assessment
Once full time education is provided there will be a review after 6 weeks to discuss all the assessments which have taken place by the various agencies supporting the young person. These will help identify targets and subsequently form the basis of the Personalised Learning Plan (PLP). This will be reviewed after 2 months but every effort will be made for the reviews to correspond with any HYMS and Social Care statutory reviews.